Sunday, January 22, 2012

mission underway

Ta-daaaa!!! A date is set for the premiere of Sideshow Showcase! April 7, a Saturday, the day after the full moon for the month. EXCITEMENT!

Delaying until April will give me the time I need to distribute 500 invitations, complete with waiver, a-la burn. I want it to be a 'private' event to limit liability and legal constraints around closing down by 1a- pah! I am also establishing an LLC, getting lots of awesome, FREE help from the NH Small Business Development Center, free *legal* assistance from their contact. Extra time is also good to network the crap out of myself to generate some gravity around this thing and organize every last detail imaginable.

It is intended as a fundraising platform for a 3 day event (AraXarA!- the embodiment of that which becomes you- yeah :D) in June that Jason and I are organizing with lots of help from some committed friends. It isn't a Burning Man sanctioned regional, but that is the feel we are going for- 10 Principals and all.

I will consider myself sooooo lucky if we get 75-100 people for ShowShow and even more so if we successfully raise any amount of money to go to land rental, portos and everything else that goes with organizing a multi-day event. Which, btw, I have never before attempted. EEK!

Super lucky to have a friend who wants to come visit and sell her unusual wares for the ShowShow event all the way from Richmond, VA. And just talking about this project has already connected me with new people at work (whoa! risk central!! but it's cool ;) and with community resources of which I was previously unaware. YAY! My own momentum is pushing me forward and I am *excited*!

Especially about the shrunken heads. It's not even intended to be a solely creepy event, but I cannot get over these shrunken heads in corked bottles. Too cool! I have some artists- REALLY TALENTED ONES!- who want to display their stuff, my good friend from Richmond will bring awesome wares and skills, I know, I have several hoopers who would like to perform and help set-up, Husband wants to juggle and there may be another guy from work who is willing to juggle fire pins. I haven't found anyone besides myself who practices fire poi up here, but I am thrilled to fulfill the role alone. WHEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment